GAP YEAR TRAVEL HEALTH INSURANCE
GlobalVoyager - Flexible Gap Year Travel Health Insurance, designed to cover virtually anyone travelling or working abroad, working holiday visa, backpackers, adventurer, volunteers and travellers for trips of up to 2 years.
GlobalVoyager Travel Insurance offers a flexible choice of travel insurance covers, in the event you have a sudden, unexpected illness, injury or incident when travelling outside of your home country.
When you travel we’ve got you covered and a whole lot more!
GlobalVoyager International & Expatriate Travel and Medical Insurance provides flexible travel insurance designed to meet the needs of expats and many global residents looking for travel medical insurance while travelling, working or studying outside of their home country (including those who have already travelled).
(If you are a Resident of the EEA, then you may also want to consider our VoyagerPlus Travel Insurance that offers a range of additional sections – to visit our VoyagerPlus Travel Insurance for EEA Residents)
- - Working or training abroad for a company or organisation, whether paid or unpaid
- - Travelling to study at a school, college or university
- - Travelling to learn a foreign language or staying with a host family abroad
- - Working as a nanny or au pair with a family abroad
- - Travelling on an out-reach or charitable program
- - Travelling into the Schengen Agreement Area and need Schengen travel insurance
- - Travelling as part of a WORKING HOLIDAY VISA program
We can provide travel insurance cover for a wide range of work and activities abroad at no extra cost including;
i) managerial/supervisory, sales or administrative capacity,
ii) Bar, restaurant and catering trade staff, musicians and singers;
iii) Fruit pickers (who do not use heavy machinery), casual light work, light agricultural work; supervised conservation work, voluntary charity work labour*** where there is no financial gain and even
iv) Supervised animal sanctuary work but no cover can be provided in relation to any interaction with dangerous wild animals such as lions, tigers or big cats of any kind.
Your GlobalVoyager, Your Way
With GlobalVoyager you can choose a travel insurance which covers one single trip from just one day, all the way up to two years (extendable to a total of three years in total), or you can choose to be covered all year round on all your trips abroad, for up to either 31 days or 45 days per trip.
We also offer a range of options and online discounts including those for couples, families and groups travelling together.
Note : If you are travelling to more extreme or hostile destinations worldwide such as those where there is government advice against travel i.e. war zones, disasters zones etc – then you should to check out our High Risk Voyager Travel Insurance (for EEA Residents Only)
Your GlobalVoyager Travel Insurance Options
With GlobalVoyager Travel Insurance, we offer you a travel health insurance that allows you to tailor your own travel insurance policy when travelling, working or volunteering abroad.
GlobalVoyager is backed by a 24/7 emergency assistance helpline and offers you the flexibility to choose a level of cover that fits your demands, needs and budget.
You can choose your own level of travel medical insurance cover which is a mandatory part of your policy, and then if you wish you can then tailor-make your travel insurance cover by choosing from a wide range of covers and optional add-ons such as baggage, cancellation, winter sports and a wide range of extra activities.
GlobalVoyager Travel Insurance offers…
- Choice of 4 differing levels of cover (Basic, Standard, Super and Elite)
- Leisure and business trips covered as standard
- Choice of travel within 3 areas of cover (Europe, Worldwide excluding USA/Canada and Worldwide)
- 24/7 Quick and Easy Secure Online Quote and Buy Facility
- Cover and Premiums available in GBP, Euro and USD
- No age limits for single trip cover (cover limits and reductions apply from age 70+)
- Single Trip Cover for trips of up to 24 months (extendable to 36 months maximum in total)
- Choice of Annual Multi-Trip policies, unlimited trips per year with a maximum of 31 or 45 days per trip
- Annual Multi-Trip cover available to anyone aged under 70
- Discounts for Couple, Single Parent Families, Families and Group policies
- Compliant cover for Schengen Visa applications
- Fully Regulated and insured by an ‘A’ rated global insurer
- Can even be purchased once you've already started your trip and for One-Way trips
Cover Available Includes…
- Up to £6/€8/$10 Million Emergency Medical Expenses & Repatriation (Elite Level) including* Hospital and Medical Expenses, Family Doctor, Out-Patient Expenses, Prescription Drugs and Dressings, Emergency Local Ambulance and Visitor to Bedside
- Emergency Medical Evacuation and Repatriation
- Natural Disaster Evacuation and Accommodation
- Emergency Dental Treatment
- Common Carrier Accidental Death
- Hijack/Car-Jacking/Mugging Benefit
- Kidnap & Ransom Crisis Response
- Criminal Assault Benefit
- Security and Political Evacuation
- Trip Interruption
- Over 120+ leisure and sports activities (non-professional) included as standard (If aged under 65 at date of departure) from Abseiling and Bunge Jumping to Zorbing!
Extendable Cover Periods
If you’re having too much fun or find that your trip overseas needs to get extended, then as long as your initial single trip policy was for 31 days or more then we can even extend your period of cover on an incremental basis as long as there is no gap in cover.
Your Non-Medical Insurance Coverage (Optional):
Many travellers want protection from more than just emergency medical expenses that come about from an unexpected illness or accident abroad. That’s why many also choose to protect themselves and their wallets from a wide range of other unexpected non-medical challenges and incidents that could spoil their trip such as having to cancel a trip, flights getting delayed, baggage or passport getting lost or stolen, or having to come home early…
Enhanced Travel Benefits - Non- Medical Benefits: Baggage, Lost Passport & Travel Documents, Travel Delay, Missed Departure, Legal Expenses, Personal Accident and Replacement Personnel/Chaperone
Cancellation**, Curtailment & Abandonment
Winter Sports (under 65 years) - Winter Sports Activities, Ski Equipment, Ski Hire, Ski Pack, Piste Closure
Additional Activities (Under 65 years) – Action List and Action Plus List...and More...
GlobalVoyager From Voyager Insurance
We have teamed up with Voyager Insurance, an award winning global provider of travel insurance to offer you GlobalVoyager International & Expatriate Flexible Travel & Medical Insurance. Voyager Insurance, established in 1996, have to date provided quality travel insurance to over 5 million people travelling worldwide.
All Voyager Insurance Travel Insurance Products Include
- 24/7/365 assistance service for medical emergencies anywhere in the world
- Choice of Single Trip or Annual Multi Trips
- Wide range of optional extra covers
- Fast, Fair and Efficient claims handling service
- 14 Days Money Back Guarantee
- Medical, Evacuation and Repatriation Cover
- Quick and Easy to apply online
- Instant e-mail delivery of documents
- Premiums & coverage available in multiple currencies
Note: GlobalVoyager is currently not available to persons located in the following Home Country at time of application (this list is subject to change/update): Afghanistan, Australia, Canada, India, Iran, Iraq, North Korea, Myanmar, Pakistan, Somalia, South Sudan, Syria and Yemen. It is also not available to USA Citizens located in the USA at time of application.
*Cover varies by plan level. Limits and reductions apply from age 70+
**Excludes person resident in the USA at time of application
***in such circumstances there will be no cover for hands-on involvement with the installation, assembly, maintenance, repair or use of electrical, mechanical or hydraulic plant, heavy power tools and industrial machinery, or work above two storeys or 3 metres above ground level (whichever is the lower)
****In relation to iii and iv. above Personal Accident and Personal Liability cover due to Your participation in the work activity is excluded and in the event of an injury the Excess under Section A1. Emergency & Accidental Medical Treatment and A5 Physiotherapy will be increased to the greater of Your selected Excess, or £300 / €400 / $500, per person per claim and an excess waiver/selecting Nil Medical Excess will not delete this increased Excess.
Note: The above is only a non-contractual summary of the policy. Refer to the applicable Policy Wording for full policy terms, conditions, limits and exclusions (available upon request). Polices are sold on a non-advised basis and arranged and arranged and administered on behalf of the above company Voyager Insurance Services Ltd. All policy documentation and customer service is provided in English. VoyagerPlus Travel Insurance and GlobalVoyager Travel Insurance are registered trademarks of Voyager Insurance Services Ltd.